Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tiger To Your Feelings









You don’t have to look to the ocean
For answers that reveal the meaning of life
A river takes years before earning its name
Hold out before leaving for good

You don’t have to sit by an ocean
For me to understand exactly how you feel
To be so hard was never natural for me
There was a time when I was even more sensitive than you

Though most tigers can't change their stripes,
A man like me can learn to be naked
To punish us both is considered overkill
Hold out before leaving me for good

You don’t have to call out to the ocean
To take back your armor
A man like me can learn to play nice
Even when my own jungle becomes unfamiliar territory

Most of what you see is learned behavior
From other kats who haven't yet shed their fears
But a sudden turn of events can last a lifetime
Hold out before leaving for good

You don't have to die in an ocean
To prove how much passion you possess
A bridge needs strong currents before taking ground
And while sea angels are waiting to finally greet you,
Tigers are yours from the start.

No comments: