Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stay Interested...

While my latest book Message to a Youngblood is still enjoying its props, I'm already starting my interviews for my next book on young bruhs who love other bruhs but don't relate to gay culture. Don't trip. Young people don't have the same type of hang ups we so-called grown ups do. But when some of my suns tell me not to refer them to gay centers for support or safe zones run by women cos they just don't relate, this motivates me to open the communication for their sake, if not ours. Besides interviews to personalize their own struggles, I'll be looking at predator mindset, functional depression, how the Black community encourages undercover behavior, our obssession with thug appeal, identity conflicts, and the parents who love these young men but need help understanding their lovestyle. Stay tuned. Stay interested...

No comments: